OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety – The only certification you need for SSIP recognition
We have been receiving a number of enquiries regarding Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) so below are some answers to our most commonly asked questions.
Can I obtain SSIP?
Yes if you have OHSAS 18001 with Ocean Certification. We are a registered forum member of the Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) Competence Forum and can offer SSIP approved OHSAS 18001 certification to the construction industry.
Why should I be interested in SSIP?
A huge problem for buyers and contractors is the need to be assessed by many health and safety schemes. But, with our SSIP approved OHSAS 18001 certification, you will satisfy the criteria of all other SSIP member’s schemes therefore… You don’t need to be assessed with any other SSIP schemes.
What does SSIP do for us?
Our SSIP approved OHSAS 18001 Certification meets the equivalent criteria for member schemes such as:
- Contractors Health and Safety Scheme (CHAS)
- Safety Management Advisory Services (SMAS)
- Altius VA
- SAFE contractor
For full details of the SSIP member’s schemes and a table of equivalences follow this link www.ssip.org.uk.
What are the benefits of SSIP?
- Gain mutual SSIP recognition and short-cut the application process for many Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) and tender processes.
- Mutual recognition across all SSIP members’ schemes – OHSAS 18001 can be used to meet SSIP requirements in place of any other SSIP scheme – so you won’t pay multiple assessment fees.
- Reduced questions regarding Occupational Health & Safety in Pre-Qualification Questionnaires if you want to work with a client who requires SSIP.
- New SSIP validated certificate showing the SSIP logo.
- Registration on the SSIP portal which allows third parties to verify that your organisation is currently holding an SSIP validated certificate.
- Use of the logo for marketing purposes.