ISO 27001 – Information Security Management
Against a backdrop of rapidly changing digital technologies Information security has become more important than ever for a wide range of organisations. Modern businesses increasingly rely on digital solutions and interconnected IT systems to reach and serve customers. The internet and mobile and Cloud based systems carry wide range of personal ,commercial and financial information.
Rapid growth of technology is accompanied by rise in threats that take advantage of vulnerabilities where IT systems lack adequate controls and protection. Incidences of “Cyber-attacks” and Data breach are increasingly becoming common; causing disruption to business and significant financial, legal and reputation damage.
The result is that organizations need to ensure that their information is properly protected and that they maintain a high level of information security.
In many cases today, organisations and stakeholders demand some proof of adequate information security from business partners before contracts can commence.
An Information Security Management System provides policies and procedures for systematically managing an organisations information and information infrastructure assets. The goal of an information security management system is to protect information and information infrastructure assets against the risks of loss, misuse, disclosure and damage.
ISO 27001 is the internationally recognised standard for information security management proficiency. It is regarded as the key standard for demonstrating credibility to the widest possible range of audiences, from governments and corporate clients to individual consumers. This gives a significant commercial advantage to those implementing a UKAS accredited ISO 27001 Information Security Management System.
The benefits of an Information Security Management System include:
- Enhanced trust of customers and stakeholders’ in information security capabilities, systems and processes
- Risk aware implementation of information security governance and controls.
- Reducing risks of cyber crime, data breaches, data theft and viral attack.
- Ensuring compliance with information security legislation
- Enhancing corporate image
- Provide you with a competitive advantage
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Builds a culture of security awareness within the organisation
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Reduced insurance costs for cyber and data security.
ISO 27001 can also be combined via an Integrated Management System with a number of other certification schemes provided by Ocean including:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management
- ISO 14001- Environmental Management
- OHSAS 18001 with SSIP – Occupational Health and Safety Management with Safety Schemes in Procurement
- ISO 9001 combined with BIM – Quality Management with Building Information Modelling
- PAS 2030 – Installation of Energy Efficiency Measures
As we prepare our application for UKAS Accreditation to ISO 27001 we would like to welcome any expressions of interest from organisations wishing to achieve ISO 27001 certification or considering a switch from an existing certification body.
If you would like to get in touch to express interest in ISO 27001 certification please contact 0191 22200306, email email@example.com or click on the contact button below.