We have conducted literally thousands of auditor days within the construction sector over the last 15 years so we understand the complexity and competitiveness of the industry and the challenges companies face such as, financial risks, efficient delivery or meeting legal requirements.
Construction firms can benefit from certification to management system standards by providing:
- A framework to solve problems and provide solutions in all stages of the construction process.
- Assurances to construction industry stakeholders so the firm can perform competitively in the marketplace.
- Monitoring and improving client satisfaction.
- A system to make operations efficient, smoother and more effective.
- Evidence of improved credentials and competency to ensure transition during Pre-Qualification Questionnaire and tender processes.
- A method of controlling construction related risks to quality, environment, health & safety, and maintain legal compliance.
- Reduced risks from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Scope to drive down costs within the supply chain and provide better value for clients.
Our construction industry clients value our high quality, efficient and pragmatic certification services; they even comment that they actually enjoy our assessment process. Owners and managers of construction firms come to us because they want to take the business to the next level by improving control, efficiency and credibility. Certified construction firms also switch to us as their certification body of choice due to our focus on customer care, competitive fees and flexible services.
Services for the Construction Sector
At Ocean you will have access to an exceptional suite of construction sector certification services and access to additional expertise within the related sectors of Architecture, Engineering & Technical Consulting and Metals and Fabricated Metal Products.
We have full UKAS Accreditation for the construction sector across all three management system standards. Our accreditation covers all types of construction operations including asbestos surveying and removal activities.
Management System Certification Services
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management
- ISO 14001 – Environmental Management
- OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management
and Integrated Management Systems combining these standards
National Highways Sector Schemes Certification Services
To complement our construction specialisms we provide UKAS Accredited ISO 9001 with National Highways Sector Schemes (NHSS) certification for the following activities:
- road surfacing and marking (NHSS 07 and 16)
- fencing, landscaping and vehicle safety restraints (NHSS 2A, 2B and 2C)
- traffic management (NHSS 12A, 12B, 12C and 12D)
Improving the Energy Efficiency of Existing Buildings
Ocean Certification provides UKAS Accredited certification services to PAS 2030:2014 – Improving the Energy Efficiency of Existing Buildings.
The primary objective for the standard is to provide a robust, uniformly applicable specification that will assist installers to demonstrate that their installation of energy efficiency improvement measures have met specification and customer requirements.
PAS 2030 can be used to access Government funding within England and Wales such as the Energy Company Obligation or a range of funding mechanisms in Scotland. PAS 2030 is increasingly being used to demonstrate competence when competing in tenders and Local Authorities commonly require PAS 2030 for installers working under their energy efficiency schemes. Upon certification all installers are registered as approved installers on the national online database held by the Green Deal Oversight & Registration Body accessible here http://gdorb.decc.gov.uk/.
Building Information Modelling (BIM) Level 2
For the construction sector and related sectors of, Architecture, Engineering & Technical Consulting and, Metals and Fabricated Metal Products Ocean provides certification to PAS1192-2:2013 – Specification for Information Management for the Capital/Delivery Phase of Construction Projects using Building Information Modelling. PAS1192-2 specifies the requirements for achieving Building Information Modelling (BIM) Level 2 and our independent and impartial certification will provide evidence to third parties that your organisation is effective and capable of operating to BIM Level 2 requirements.
BIM Level 2 is the method of working that has been set as a minimum target by the UK government for all work on public-sector work, by 2016. The standard for construction prequalification questionnaires (PAS 91:2013) includes a series of questions on BIM capability which a firm is exempt from answering if they hold a third party certificate of compliance with PAS 1192-2:2013 from an organisation with a related UKAS accreditation.