ISO 14001 – Environmental Management Certification
Today the environmental performance of a company is a primary concern to its stakeholders; it has now become a significant factor in companies’ commercial success or failure.
An Environmental Management System promotes commitment to a systematic approach to environmental protection and to a model of continuous improvement.
ISO 14001 is the internationally recognised standard for environmental management proficiency. It is regarded as the ‘Gold Standard’ by the widest possible range of audiences, from governments and corporate clients to individual consumers. This gives a significant commercial advantage to those implementing a UKAS accredited ISO 14001 Environmental Management System with Ocean.
The benefits of an Environmental Management System can be summarised as Competitiveness, Costs and Reputation:
- Assuring customers of commitment to environmental management
- Satisfying investor criteria and improving access to capital
- Improving cost control through waste reduction
- Reducing incidents that result in liability
- Conserving input materials and energy
- Ensuring compliance with legislation
- Enhancing corporate image and environmental stewardship
- Reduction in risks
An Environmental Management System is applicable to virtually any organisation, of any size and nature, anywhere in the world. The most successful companies in every sector of today’s competitive global marketplace recognise the importance of Environmental Management. Indeed, most holders of ISO 14001 are small to medium sized organisations that are looking to grow and improve their operations or gain full recognition for their environmental management processes.
ISO 14001 is a prerequisite for discerning consumers worldwide. The implementation of an Environmental Management System can open up previously inaccessible markets by demonstrating a standard of awareness and environmental responsibility in an international business language.
ISO 14001 can also be combined via an Integrated Management System with a number of other certification schemes provided by Ocean including:
- ISO 9001 – Quality Management
- OHSAS 18001 with SSIP – Occupational Health and Safety Management with Safety Schemes in Procurement
- ISO 9001 combined with BIM – Quality Management with Building Information Modelling
- PAS 2030 – Installation of Energy Efficiency Measures
Ocean can offer this full range of integrated management systems certification including all or any of the above. But don’t just take our word for it, here’s what one of our ISO 14001 clients had to say…
“We are delighted to finally get the certification, but this is just the icing on the cake for us. Over the last 3 years we’ve been developing our environmental management system, and through this process have seen a number of significant reductions of carbon savings across our work practices, resulting in cost savings to us.” – Nick Huston of South Tyneside Homes