At Ocean Certification we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of all our visitors.
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
2. Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information via any online forms, surveys, emails or other interactive areas that appear on our websites
3. Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
Cookies provide information regarding the computer used by a visitor. We use session and persistent cookies where appropriate to collect information about your visit in order to assist us in improving our website and to provide appropriate information to you.
Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain on your computer until you delete them. Such information will not identify you personally. This statistical data will not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting in your web browser.
More information about cookies, including browser-specific instructions on how to restrict or block cookies may be found on the IAB’s website at
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
1. To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
2. To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
3. To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
4. If you have previously purchased services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in. Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all steps are taken to ensure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Transmission of information via the Internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We will either obtain your prior consent or take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you are based outside the European Union, we may need to transfer your personal information to where you are located in order to provide you with any information, products or services you have requested.
Disclosing Your Information
1. In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
2. Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
3. To improve fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you. Please note that we reserve the right to charge a statutory fee of £10 to cover costs incurred by us in providing you with the information.
You have the right to correct any errors in information we hold about you. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
Further information about data protection issues can be found on the Information Commissioner’s site at
Martin Thornley CEO Ocean Certification